Orb DLT is part of an exciting revolution in distributed computing that enables scalable and innovative transactions between trusted parties in private and consortium networks. Coin Core is an integral component of Orb DLT and the first step in this revolution.
Coin Core is a highly configurable middleware application for creating and managing virtual currency economies. It can be used to:
- Issue a variety of virtual assets for use as currencies, electronic money, or loyalty/reward points
- Freely configure coin transaction types to provide the functionality required by your business model, such as charge, payment, and refund
- Allow third parties to issue their own coins within your coin economy
- View and query transaction history by date, account, and type
Coin Core is a part of the Core series of applications in the Orb DLT product family. Other Core series applications provide functionality for use by Coin Core or provide insight into activities within a coin economy.
- Account Core enables the creation of accounts for use with Coin Core.
- Audit Core is a standalone audit service that can be used to generate tamper evidence for virtually any kind of data. It can be run by the coin issuer or, more ideally, by third parties.
The rest of this guide provides a detailed introduction to the concepts and capabilities of the Coin Core component of Orb DLT. After reading the guide, you will:
- Know how Coin Core relates to the other components of Orb DLT
- Have a firm grasp of the functionality offered by Coin Core
- Be ready to start modeling your own coin economy
- Know the steps required to configure Coin Core
Updated over 4 years ago